May is Better Hearing and Speech Month. Celebrate by getting out the word regarding truths and facts about stuttering.
· Stuttering is caused by multiple factors including; neurologic, environmental, and other developmental factors.
· Stuttering runs in families and is genetic in many cases.
· About 5% of young children stutter.
· About 1% of adults stutter
· Three boys for every girl stutters at early onset.
· Stuttering is variable and may change day to day.
· Every person experiences stuttering differently
· Early detection and treatment may result in complete resolution of the problem.